Glass Flooring Systems would like to introduce you to our industry changing standard units. Our standard units are available as either a thermally broken unit or as a non-thermally broken unit and come in a variety of sizes and configurations. The illustrations below show examples of each standard unit size as a single bay layout and an eight bay layout; however you can choose any number of bays required.
Some Key features of our Standard Units:
- Easy integration into the building architecture
- Reduces design time, installation time and structural engineering requirements and creates cost savings
- Engineer sealed drawings with performance testing
- Architects can simply download the assembly drawings and details from the GFS website and insert our products into their drawing package
- Available as either thermally broken unit or a non- thermally broken unit
- 6063-T6 aluminum construction
- Fully independent structural framing
- Stepped design to transfer load of the structural floor glazing off the insulated glass unit
- Integrated LED lighting (Optional)
- Designed in snap on setting blocks (80-90 shore as required for structural glass flooring)
- Adjustable cap with backer rod stop. Allows for various glass thicknesses without any redesign
- Glazing structurally bonded in place with Dow Corning 995 structural sealant
Glass Flooring Systems standardized units are the goto product for your walk on skylight and glass flooring applications.
In addition to our standard units we can manufacturer custom walk on skylights or glass flooring.
Eight bay opening example– 2′ 6 3/4″ x 20′ 3 3/8″
Eight bay opening example – 3′ 6 3/4″ x 20′ 3 3/8″
Eight bay opening example – 4′ 0 3/4″ x 20′ 3 3/8″
Eight bay opening example – 5′ 1 1/8″ x 20′ 3 3/8″
Eight bay opening example – 7′ 7 1/2″ x 20′ 3 3/8″
Eight bay opening example – 8′ 1 1/8″ x 20′ 3 3/8″